Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation for studying abroad
Competition for scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation for students and postgraduates of Russian universities to study abroad in the 2011/2012 academic yearThe Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation announces the All–Russian open public competition for scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation to study abroad for students and postgraduates of Russian universities in the 2011/2012 academic year (hereinafter - the All-Russian public competition, competition).
The All-Russian public competition is held pursuant to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 443 of April 12, 1993 "On urgent measures of state support for students and Postgraduates of educational institutions of higher professional education" and the Regulations on Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation approved by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 613-rp of September 6, 1993 (as amended. Decrees of the President of the Russian Federation dated 14.02.2010 No. 182, dated 22.06.2010 No. 773).
2. The All-Russian public competition is held by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia.
3. To conduct the All-Russian public competition, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation creates a Competition Commission of the All-Russian public Competition (hereinafter referred to as the Competition Commission).
4. The All–Russian public competition may be attended by students and postgraduates (citizens of the Russian Federation) who have received recommendations from the academic councils of higher educational institutions of the Russian Federation (hereinafter referred to as universities), from among those studying and conducting research in the field of priority areas of modernization and technological development (energy efficiency, nuclear technologies and software, medical equipment and pharmaceuticals, space and telecommunications), who have shown themselves in the fields of culture and art, who have achieved significant success in fundamental and applied research in these areas.
5. For the All-Russian public competition, its participants submit the following documents:
5.1. Letter of presentation of the university with a brief description of the scientific, creative (for creative specialties) activities of the applicant for the period of his studies at the university, signed without fail by the rector or acting rector.
5.2. Recommendation of the Academic Council of the university.
5.3. Personal statement of the applicant addressed to the rector about the desire to participate in the All-Russian public competition.
5.4. At least two recommendations of Russian and, if possible, foreign scientists (with translation into Russian).
5.5. Copies of documents confirming the scientific (creative – for creative universities) successes of the applicant, a list of scientific papers and publications certified by the university.
5.6. A full biographical certificate (objective certificate) indicating the surname, first name, patronymic, date of birth, place of birth, data of the Russian internal passport, home address and contact phone number (in duplicate) and 2 photos 3 x 4 cm.
5.7. Justification (in Russian and in the language of the intended host country) on the expediency of studying (internship, scientific work) abroad on the declared subject, indicating the foreign state and the specific host organization.
5.8. An extract from the credit sheet for the entire period of study for students or a copy of the diploma of higher education for graduate students in Russian with translation into the language of the intended host country.
5.9. Certificate of the Department of Foreign Languages of the sending university on the degree of foreign language proficiency of the applicant for participation in the competition.
5.10. A medical certificate confirming the applicant's ability to study abroad, signed by the chief physician and certified with the seal of the medical institution.
5.11. Written consent of the host organization to accept a scholarship holder of the President of the Russian Federation for training or internship for up to 10 months.
5.12. Bank details of the receiving organization with mandatory indication of the full name and postal address of the bank for the transfer of funds.
5.13. The cost estimate for the stay of the scholarship holder of the President of the Russian Federation in the country. The documents of the host organization must be certified by the management of the host organization (signed and stamped) and submitted with a translation into Russian.
All documents submitted for consideration by the Competition Commission must be printed, signed and certified by the university.
6. The number of applicants for participation in the All-Russian public competition is not limited. The number of scholarships for studying abroad in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 613-rp dated September 06, 1993 is: 40 scholarships for students and 60 scholarships for postgraduates.
7. The documents of applicants for participation in the competition are sent to the address: 115998, Moscow, M-93, GSP-8, ul. Lyusinovskaya, 51, Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Department of International Cooperation. For the competition "Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation for studying abroad". The deadline for submitting documents is April 15, 2011. Documents received by the Department later than the specified deadline or not in a complete set are not considered.
9. The Competition Commission independently selects the participants of the competition on the basis of the submitted documents; During the All-Russian public competition, preference is given to applicants whose profile of study, internship or scientific work abroad will be associated with priority areas of development of science and technology, approved by the President of the Russian Federation on May 21, 2006, No. Pr-843, with technologies having important social and economic significance or importance for the defense of the country and the security of the state, approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated August 25, 2008 No. 12434r, as well as with the fields of sciences determined by the Council for Grants of the Government of the Russian Federation for state support of scientific research conducted under the leadership of leading scientists in Russian universities and approved by the Minister of Education and Sciences of the Russian Federation Fursenko A.A. June 21, 2010 (http://mon.gov.ru/pro/ved/uch ).
All other things being equal, applicants who have publications in Russian or foreign peer-reviewed and refereed scientific journals, or who have applications for a patent for an invention, utility model or industrial design, or who are laureates (diploma holders) of international and All-Russian competitions, festivals, prizes, participants of international and All-Russian exhibitions will have advantages.
Special attention will be paid to the degree of proficiency of the contestant in a foreign language. Applicants intending to study in the USA must pass the English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL) and submit the exam results. Those wishing to study in the UK, Canada, Australia must also pass the "TOEFL" or "IELTS" exam. For questions about passing the TOEFL exam, we suggest contacting the website of the American Council on International Education: www.toefl.org .
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation directs the scholarship holders of the President of the Russian Federation for study and scientific internship abroad to higher educational institutions that head the lists determined by the most famous rating companies in the world and to leading scientific organizations at the choice of the sending university or applicant for participation in the competition.
Detailed information is published on the website of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Portal "Eternal youth" http://vechnayamolodost.ru