15 June 2009

Anti-aging drug was the cause of death

The daughter of the inventor of the anti-aging drug died while testing the drugBritish police have completed an investigation into the death of an employee of a family pharmaceutical company as a result of the use of an experimental drug developed by her mother, The Times newspaper writes.

The incident occurred two years ago, but the details of what happened became known only last week, when the case of the woman's death was heard in the coroner's court.

Yolanda Cox, a 22-year-old Oxford graduate, died after being injected with a drug called B71. Yolanda Cox was injected by her older sister, 38-year-old Yvonne Pambakian in the living room of their family home in the London borough of Hampstead.

The drug B71, which is supposed to counteract aging, is being developed by Amro Biotech, whose employees were both sisters, and the founder was their mother Arpi Matosyan—Rogers (in the pictures from left to right – Yolanda, Yvonne and Arpi).

At least three million pounds have already been spent on research conducted for more than ten years.

The active substance of the drug was produced in Switzerland and sent to the UK by mail. Arpi Matosyan-Rogers diluted it in the kitchen with water and added aluminum hydroxide (an ingredient widely used in pharmacology).

It was reportedly the second or third injection. This time, Cox received a triple dose of the drug. Her husband, 24-year-old biochemist Patrick Cox, who was present at the incident, said in court that after the injection Yolanda began to complain of itching in her hand, and two minutes later she was already breathing with difficulty. An ambulance was called, which took the victim to the Royal Free Hospital in London.

Yolanda Cox's family members did not provide paramedics and doctors at the hospital with a sample of the drug and did not tell about its composition, repeating only that it is completely safe. In the end, the doctors received some "papers" describing the drug administered to their patient.

Studies conducted at the hospital showed that Yolanda Cox's brain was irreversibly damaged, and four days later the equipment that supported her vital functions was turned off.

The husband of Yvonne Pambakian, who injected Coke with the drug, Haig Pambakian, issued a statement saying that Yolanda Cox's death was the result of an allergic reaction that "could happen to anyone." The trials of the new drug, according to him, were properly documented, and Yvonne Pambakyan, in addition to her sister, injected herself, her mother Arpi Matosyan-Rogers and a terminally ill cancer test subject, without encountering side effects.

According to the coroner's decision, Yolanda Cox's death was classified as an accident. However, Yvonne Pambakian is temporarily banned from prescribing medications.

Copper NewsPortal "Eternal youth" http://vechnayamolodost.ru/


Found a typo? Select it and press ctrl + enter Print version